《学英语300句》19)

          The Chinese Cuisine中国菜肴

                 

A  I’d like to try some real Chinese cuisine, what would you recommend?

   我想吃点真正中国菜。你给我推荐什么呢?

B  Well, it all depends. You see, there are mainly eight famous Chinese cuisines: for instance, the Sichuan cuisine and the Hunan cuisine.

   那要看情况了。你知道中国主要有八大菜系,比方说川菜和湘菜。

A  They are both spicy hot, I’ve heard.

   我听说这两种都很辣。

B  Yes, that’s right. If you like hot dishes, you can try some.

   对,如果你爱吃辣的,可以尝试尝试。

A  They might be too hot for me.

   它们对我来说可能太辣了。

B  Then there is the Guangdong cuisine and the Jiangsu cuisine. Most southerners like them.

   那还有粤菜和淮扬菜。多数南方人都爱吃。

A  What about any special Beijing dishes?

   有什么特别的北京风味的菜吗?

B  There is the Beijng roast duck.

   那就是北京烤鸭了。

A  Oh, yes,. I’ve heard a lot about it. I’d like very much to try it. Where can find it?

   啊,对了。我听说过好多次了。我很想试一试。在哪里能吃到呢?

B  You can find it in most restaurants. But the best place is certainly Quanjude Restaurant.

   多数饭店都有。不过最好的地方当然要数全聚德烤鸭店了了。

A  Is it near here?

   离这里远吗?

B  Not to near but not too far either. A taxi will take you there in fifteen minutes, if the traffic is not too bad, I mean.

   不太近也不太远。 乘出租车15分钟可以到。我是说交通不是太拥挤的话。

A  Thank you for your information, but what is the name of that restaurant again?

   谢谢你的指点。你再说一下那家饭店的名字好吗?

B  Let me write it down on this slip of paper for you. You can show it to the taxi-driver.

   我给你写在一个纸片上。你给出租车司机看看就行了。

A  That’s very kind of you. Thaks a lot.

   你真太好了。 多谢多谢!

B  You’re wlcome.

   不客气。

   


  

2006.3.11